* Lower emissions than gas powered cars.
* Hybrids get great gas mileage, so you'll save money at the pump.
* Maintenance cost is typically low.
Fuel Sipper Benefits
* Lower cost.
* Larger selection of cars to choose from.
* Typically better performance capabilities than hybrids.
* Typically more expensive than gas powered vehicles.
* Hybrids are lighter than conventional cars and can be more susceptible to damage in an accident.
* Not much acceleration power.
* While considered a “green” vehicle, there is a significant amount of pollution that comes from manufacturing hybrids.
Fuel Sipper Drawbacks
* More maintenance issues.
* Limited fuel efficiency.
* Regular fill-ups lead to a higher gas expense.
* Harmful to the environment.
More than 100 different kinds of hybrids, electric and plug-in cars are expected to be on the road by 2015. While this gives potential buyers plenty of options for choosing a hybrid vehicle, there is still an argument to be made for the acceleration and lower initial price of a gas-powered car. It's up to you to determine whether a hybrid is the right vehicle for your lifestyle.