KMPH “Circus Selfie” Photo CONTEST RULESCLICK HERE TO ENTERCLICK HERE TO ENTER ON FACEBOOK
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the KMPH viewing area, and be existing users of Facebook, if entering via Facebook.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KMPH (the “Station”), Feld Entertainment, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com
, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per household.
b) To enter, log onto the Station’s Facebook page located at http://www.facebook.com/KMPHFOX26
and click “Like,” then click on the KMPH Contests button to access the Circus Selfie online entry form. Alternatively, you can enter the contest via the Station’s web site www.kmph.com
and click the Circus Selfie link under the Contest drop-down menu. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, telephone number, birth date, and upload a picture of your favorite “Circus Selfie” photo, and click “Submit.” Photo must be in JPEG format and up to 20MB in size. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
c) By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they appear in and own the picture submitted, (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the picture has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (iv) that they agree to the terms and conditions located at http://www.kmph-kfre.com/global/story.asp?s=18991
No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted. The Station reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry.
d) The contest starts on June 4, 2014, and ends on June 23, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. PDT on June 15, 2014 to qualify for the Voting Period. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
e) Between June 16, 2014, and 11:59 p.m. PDT on June 22, 2014 (the “Voting Period”), viewers will be asked to vote online at http://www.facebook.com/KMPHFOX26
for their favorite picture. Voting is limited to one vote per IP address or account holder per day; duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. On June 23, 2014, the Station will determine one (1) grand prize winner and nine (9) second place winners based on the picture entries with the most valid votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
f) All entries (including photos) received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photos) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each second place winner will receive two (2) tickets to Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS Circus on Friday, July 4, 2014, 11:00 a.m. PDT at the Selland Arena in Fresno, CA. The tickets are valued at $40. One (1) grand prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to the same performance of Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS Circus, and a Circus merchandise package that includes a plush stuffed animal, coloring book, and Circus T-shirt. The grand prize package is valued at $90. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of Feld Entertainment, Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS Circus, and the Selland Arena. Prizes do not include parking or any other expenses. The Station and sponsors are not responsible in the event the performance is cancelled or postponed
2. Each winner will be notified by telephone. Before claiming prizes, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification, at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and if time permits, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest number of votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries and votes received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KMPH, 5111 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727, and on the Station’s website www.kmph.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to KMPH, 5111 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727, by July 31, 2014.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Fresno, LLC, Feld Entertainment, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com
, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
4.6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes, and change the afoementioned contest dates.
5.7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com
, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
6.8. Facebook, Inc., and www.facebook.com
(collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.