A blanket of heat will settle in for the weekend.
Record-breaking temperatures are forecast for the weekend, with Saturday expected to reach 109 degrees.
So, to beat the heat, cooling centers across the Valley will open for the weekend.
The following locations will serve as cooling sites through Sunday. For information, call the nearest center.
- Ted C. Wills Community Center, 770 N. San Pablo.
- Frank H. Ball Neighborhood Center, 760 Mayor.
- Mosqueda Community Center, 4670 E. Butler.
- Pinedale Community Center, 7170 N. San Pablo.
The centers will be open daily from noon to 8 p.m. Fresno's bus system will also provide free transportation along normal routes to and from cooling center sites. To ride free, residents must indicate they are traveling to a cooling center.
- The Sierra Vista Mall will be open during regular operating hours.
- Visalia Transit Center, 400 E. Oak Ave., will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. through Sunday.
- Woman's Clubhouse, at 88 W. Tulare Ave., will be open from 2-7 p.m.
- Merced Civic Center will be open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.