Parenting can present a number of challenges.
That's why for the next couple of weeks, our marriage and family therapist, Paul Mavrogeorge, will join Great Day to address some of those challenges and, hopefully, help a few parents who may be having a rough time.
- Teach Personal Responsibility
- Pick safe areas to teach
- Allow for natural consequences
- Focus on progressive responsibility
- Guide the process, not control it
- Help your teen develop their own plan
- Keep Consistent Boundaries
- Create real boundaries
- Be on the same page as your teen
- Focus on the big picture
- Hold boundaries even when difficult
- Model what you expect from them
If you have a question or comment for Paul, email us at GreatDay@KMPH.com or contact him at Link Care: (559) 439-2647.
You can also check out more advice from Paul on the Mavrogeorge Monday Facebook page.