This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: Fit and Healthy with Beth
The holidays are a daunting time of year for so many people and sticking to healthy eating and exercise routines can be challenging. Fit and Healthy with Beth is here to simplify that this year.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) November 22, 2012
This is a difficult time of year for many people whether it is getting their eating in check or staying on track ! Cue delicious foods and a slim waistline! It does not have to be difficult to keep the holidays healthy if the right choices are made with the help of Fit and Healthy with Beth.
1) Be the one to bring the healthy foods, whether this is to a party or to dinner be the good influence!
2) If there will not be healthy options, eat a little something before hand (perhaps some shakeology with peanut butter).
3) Load up the plate with 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein, and 1/4 carbohydrates/starches. Always eat the veggies first to fuel up! Avoid the processed carbohydrates until the end of the meal as these are high in calories, fats, and unhealthy additives.
4) Drink water! This curbs hunger and decreases amount of room in the stomach to be filled with food.
5) Exercise the day of! This will not only keep accountability up but will help in making better decisions. Even with limitations on time, a quick workout with high intensity is better than no workout at all.
6) Indulge...But just a little :-) If gam gam's homemade pie and stuffing is a weakness, then have that and go easy on the potatoes (everything in moderation!)
7) Limit alcohol, juices, and soda as these drinks are loaded with sugars, harmful additives, and tons of calories.
8) Take small, slow bites! Savor the flavor! Allow the food to be a sensory over load for the entire body. Smell, taste, texture, etc.
For more tips visit http://www.fitandhealthywithbeth.weebly.com
About Fit and Healthy with Beth:
Fit and healthy with Beth's sole purpose is to teach other people how to change their lives with health and fitness. Fit and healthy with Beth is personal trainer, Beachbody coach, nutrition consultant and group exercise instructor focusing on women's weight loss and fitness for busy people.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebFitandhealthywithbeth/HolidaySurvival/prweb10160395.htm